Tamoco is the most trusted source of open geospatial data.
We’re obsessed with accuracy – helping organisations transform their businesses using the power of precise location.
With a powerful suite of location-driven products, we can build a better-connected world.
Every day our solutions help create more efficient supply chains, enhance marketing campaigns, and make smarter business decisions by
understanding our world’s hidden patterns.
We’re looking at 2021 as a year where we can really accelerate growth. To do this we need a scalable, stable and flexible data platform to build
To help us achieve this, we’re just about to kick off an exciting new project of having Snowflake on AWS and we’re looking for a Data Engineer or Senior Data Engineer to help us build out this platform.
Our Technology Stack
- Currently GCP but we will be consolidating our stack in AWS
- BigQuery for data warehousing but moving to Snowflake
- Python for data science
- Go for our current data transfer application
- We think we should be using Spark and Airflow – help us decide and implement…
- Working within a multi-disciplinary ProdEng team, you will:
- Be responsible for developing and owning the end to end collection and distribution of our geospatial data
- Support our Data Scientists by helping develop new models to aid analysis
- Enable our Sales team to convert leads to paying customers by enabling easier data access for all
- Help ensure Tamoco delivers to the highest standards of data governance
You should if apply if:
- You’re comfortable with being a self-starter and taking responsibility for a project
- You have a track record of building a cloud-based data platform
- You have a strong understanding of Data Warehousing and Data Lake principles
- You’ve had experience designing and building pipelines to collect data from various data sources
- You’re comfortable with working in a small team – you are most definitely not just a number here!
- You have a growth mindset and keen to keep up to date with the latest data technologies
Nice to Have
- Previous experience working with geospatial data
- Working knowledge of Airflow and dbt
- An understanding or experience of developing Machine Learning solutions
- Experience with TerraForm
What we can offer
- A great central London (Holborn) office with coffee, beer, and ping-pong!
- Opportunity to work remotely if you’re not in London
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- An exciting opportunity to lead the design and build of a new data platform
We welcome applications from candidates with disabilities and support those in the workplace who have a disability. Any disability disclosure will be dealt with confidentiality and sensitively and if you want to speak directly to a member of our team, please contact us.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com